Hm, Goat man really is one of my favourites, I have a hard time picking out others to stand with it that everyone else hasn’t already heard of.
Some of my favourites that everyone has probably heard of already;
- Candle Cove (accept only the Kris Straub original)
- Normal Porn For Normal People
- Pale Luna
- Penpal series
Generally I’m not a fan of the sort of “legacy characters” people try to create, like Slenderman, Jeff the Killer, Smiledog, etc, but I do have a soft spot for some of those kinda long-running overworked story ideas;
- The Rake (when he’s being written competently, kind of a Mothman appeal)
- BEN Drowned (so many people have put their hands on this one there’s a lot quality flux, but the original nugget of the idea was good and the person who made it put a lot of effort into making supporting game capture files and stuff)
- NES Godzilla is basically a novel but it’s pretty well structured (can’t attest to the end, I’ve been listening to it as Mr. Creepypasta narrates it on his channel and he hasn’t gotten to the last chapter yet)
Some lesser known ones that I hadn’t heard of until I started binging youtube Creepypasta;
- Showers Part 1, 2, and 3 - Pretty good at building atmosphere, the first part is my favourite, where they’re listening to the teacher’s story but I like how it has a lot to do with kind of how folktales evolve as people skew events and pass them on.
- No End House - It’s kinda corny and predictable, but I dunno what to say? I enjoyed it. I stayed late at work to finish listening to it even though I ran out of work to do, it’s just, I dunno… engaging? Despite having a lot of gore-for-the-sake-of-describing-gore, overall thumbs up. I guess I’d say I appreciate it’s creativity.
- Cervine Birth - This one probably merits some trigger warnings for pregnancy and animal abuse, it’s a really weird, unsettling short one
- Faulty Wiring - It’s not especially unsettling, it just preys on some very specific phobias of home invasion I’ve got so your mileage may vary.
- Gristers Part 1,2 - Solid little short story, I could see it in a published horror anthology or something. More like a thriller story than something meant to make you feel unsettled.
- Midnight Train 1,2 - Also more like a short story than a “creepypasta” per say, but entertaining
- The Strangest Security Tape I’ve Ever Seen - Another well written, not terribly scary one
Annnnd, on the subject of legacy spooky internet stories I always feel like everyone has already seen this but then I remember it was online before some people active on the internet these days were even born, before “creepypasta” was a thing;
- Ted The Caver - you absolutely have to read it on the original site, the crappy Angelfire layout and slow burn to the conflict is the whole charm of it. This is like the Blair Witch of the internet, when it first went up no one had seen anything like it and there were all sorts of people insisting it was a true story, it was great.
Bonus, a couple Pseudopods I like;
- Jim Bihyeh’s Coyote stories; Reservation Monsters, Love Like Thunder, and The Dreaming Way
- Bottle Babies
Might edit this as I think of more things to add
Archmage throwing a +5 Ice Shield spell on Paladins and their mounts
This will help you write good.
i will be giving away a tri-top chest binder from Underworks to one lucky winner. Underworks makes some really great binders. i am a cis female and use one for cosplay, and i have found them to be comfortable, easy to wear, and extremely effective.
- this is a contest specifically for trans/nonbinary/genderqueer/etc people. if you are cis identifying you can reblog for others to see, but you cannot win.
- i expect people to be honest about their gender identity. if i find out that cis people are entering the contest and lying in order to take this opportunity away from someone i will be really fucking pissed
- in the same vein, if you are not out and you win, i will not interrogate you about your gender. i will be honest with you if you are honest with me!
- DO NOT ASK ME TO RIG THE GIVEAWAY FOR YOU
- you must be comfortable giving your address to me
- the winner will have 24 hours to respond to an ask sent to them. if they do not respond within 24 hours a new winner will be chosen
- i will not be announcing the winner to protect the privacy of the individual. if they want to announce it themselves they are welcome to
- if i send the binder to you and it is returned to me for any reason (wrong address, wrong name, etc) i am not responsible for paying to have it resent.
- winners will be chosen via a random number generator
- reblogs + likes count
- contest ends april 30th
- international entries are OK, i will pay for shipping
if you have any questions about sizing, please refer to the Underworks Tri-Top binder page. if you are still confused, i will try to help you
does anyone else feel kinda chubby sometimes when ur on the computer
so u just take ur shirt and